Hazle Township, PA 18201 US
The tasks and responsibilities required of the Quality Assurance Associate are outlined below:
- Performs hourly checks to verify finished goods coincide with MARS in-plant instructions and standards.
- Performs incoming product destruction for proper analysis of the product (i.e. temperature and moisture damaged).
- Performs inspections of packaging and donor candy to verify specifications/requirements are met to better reject or discard materials not up to standards.
- Performs manufacturing quality inspection audits on products as required. (i.e. weight accuracy, bag quality, label accuracy, unusual odor/discoloration)
- Inspection and audit of staged inbound and outbound products. (SKU, visible damage, pallet count)
- Provide general support and assistance in resolving and researching quality discrepancies by reporting them immediately to management.
- Maintains compliance with GMPs, 5S and OSHA standards.
- Responsible to perform all duties in a safe, clean and organized manner while assuring associates also act in accordance with these.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
The skills and qualifications required for the Quality Assurance Associate are outlined below:
- High school education or GED preferred.
- Exceptional attention to detail.
- Strong mathematical skills.
- Must be able to work independently and prioritize tasks based on business needs.
- Strong communication skills. (written, verbal and penmanship)
- Ability to frequently lift 35 lbs. and occasionally up to 55 lbs.
- Prior quality knowledge is a plus.
- 2nd shift (Monday-Friday) 4pm-12am $21/hr.
- 3rd shift (Monday-Friday) 12am-8am $22/hr.